Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Best of Intentions...

This weekend I planned on hunkering down to reel out that 30ish page Doctoral Qualifying Paper that I need to mail off this week.

....yeah. And this is what actually happened:
It's not like I didn't work on the paper at all, I certainly did...do...some work on it.

But, it's now needless to say that this week will be a busy one getting everything ready. I'm envisioning the paper as a piece of fabric I'm weaving, with all of the information I find from my sources serving to be the threads and yarns and the finished paper as the fabric forming under my fingertips, which hopefully will end up being neat, complete, beautiful in its organization and warm and lovely in its insight and usefulness.... so we'll see how it goes.(visualizations help me, can you tell?)

But as for yesterday afternoon, I think watching Amelie at home, going to the beach, getting some Vitamin D, doing the 5-step rule (as in, when the water hits your feet you go in for 5 steps, then are free to high tail it out as fast as need be) that T introduced to me in order to cool off without losing a foot to hypothermia caused by the frigid Pacific water, and then going home for an evening of relaxation and gentle work, was just what the doctor ordered.
So here's to the week! May yours be productive and happy, and may mine too!

Today's whiteboard quote:
"Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."
~Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awww great pics! I want to go to the beach now.