Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Back!

Well I've returned from the land of the rain, haze and shadow...

...otherwise known as Hazleton, PA.

T and I discussed on the return flight, between sharing his ipod headphones and listening to Ted Talks, the way that the weather really made H-town feel more dreary than it actually is. Inside any of his family members' warm and bright homes, you'd think you were in a lovely setting, but as soon as you step outside and have to open your umbrella and raise your collar, you're reminded of this sad fact -

The summer there lasts for about 3 days.

And this year we'll miss them. So hello sprautumter. Yep, that was a "spring", "autumn" and "winter" conglomeration that I just made up. But it's the truth of the matter (the very sad truth, at that).

However, weather notwithstanding, it was a lovely trip. It was great to see everyone, as I previously said, I had my very first birthday cake and candle-blowing-outing that alone would've made the trip worthwhile, and I'm suitably exhausted this morning.

On that note, here's today's whiteboard quote:

"Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms."
~Kahil Gibran

So, in honor of knowing myself, my goals for the day will be to:
#1) Hydrate (planes and all that).
#2) Focus (and catch up on all the things that I'm 5 days behind on).
#3) Exercise (do I need to cite East Coast food here? I realized during this trip that what they consider 'diet' food is what we just usually eat. Let's just say that an extra set of crunches is definitely a good idea for me presently).
#4) Get to bed on time (stinkin jet lag).

Hope you're having a sunny start to the week, no matter whether it's inside sun or outside sun!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Yay, you are back!

Robyn said...

Love your take on the east coast. The weather has definitely been craptastic this week here but honestly, its not always like this. If it were I would totally go insane. Glad you made it back safe!

The Shabby Princess said...

Glad you're back!!