Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy new year!

Or, I guess, happy half-a-week-into-the-new-year. Same difference, it's still a new year and new decade.

Makes me feel old that I can say "my, that decade went by quickly!" I've certainly never been able to say that before.

My new years celebration was amazing - we went over to Jim Thorpe to ring it in with some new friends out there, and then we spent a quiet weekend of food and drinks -
- it's as I say, Hazleton isn't a place, it's a state of mind.
(for me that state of mind includes lots of dessert and red wine...)

On January 1, this is what was attached to my tea bag, Chinese fortune cookie style:
(I think this is true for everyone, no?)
Because after all, a civilization is just a group of people and a world is just a group of civilizations, so our choices CAN certainly change it.
So get to work!
I think this year a great duty for us all will be to lead more mindful lives - don't waste your time, because who knows how much more of it any of us have?

Just a thought.

And tomorrow, there'll be a long overdue Carrots in the Kitchen post.

Today's quote:
Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life.
~Brian Andreas

(btw, he's one of my new heroes and my quotes will mostly be from him. Here's his site.)

1 comment:

Candice said...

that's a pretty heavy fortune, i can't decide if it's ominous or optimistic. let's be optimistic.