Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Resolution Resolutions

Only one word to describe my day: CRAZY. I won't go into the details, let's just say that it was one of those days. Not bad, just so busy that I think, at one point, my head may've been spinning around, exorcist-style.

Anyway, on to other things. Now that there's about a month left til the new year, I'm making resolution resolutions.

Sound silly? Ok, yes it does. But it's not, actually. Here's how it works -

You take stock of this past year, and see how you did. See what you want, and how you'd like the next year to go.

According to the Stages of Change Model, the first thing you do when there's time to make a major change is "precontemplate" it. As in, kinda sorta thinking about making the change. Or, even realizing that how things currently are isn't how you'd like for them to be, and therefore acknowledging that perhaps some sort of change would be a good idea, even if you don't know what the change would look like. (note: if you follow the link, they're talking a lot about addiction or destructive behaviors. I learned it while getting my master's in health, and the spin I was given was on picking up a healthy habit using the model, like exercising or eating right. Just sayin, ignore the negative stuff if you're reading up on it, as that's not really what I'm referring to here.)

So, this is my month of precontemplation. And, I am very excited to say, that there will be big, AWESOME changes in this next year! And, in this month, all I'm going to do is think about them. I'm not allowed to actually do anything. I'm going to build up steam, then be rearing to go by the time the new year rolls around. Stay tuned for updates, in a month :)

So, what might you get excited about in the new year?

1 comment:

Stephay said...

big AWESOME changes hmm? I'll stay posted :)