Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just Beachy M'Dear

Saturday morning, before getting old-timey gussied up, T and I hit the beach, as part of my ongoing mission
(to figure out all of my camera's capabilities. It's like a living thing, I tell you...)
I love being at the beach. What other culturally embraced routine involves preparing, dressing, driving, parking, walking, and setting up in order to lie down and relax?
Not many, I say.
There should be more, I say.
In fact, I will single-handedly bring up the national average of minutes Zenning out to the sounds of the surf. (Yes, I know this isn't a new thing but now my lazing at the beach has a purpose! Yes! Just the excuse I was looking for! Genius.)

I'm a firm believer that if it became a normal thing for everyone in our overweight and unhappy country to quiet down, close their eyes and spend chunks of time just enjoying being, not text messaging, not checking email (not blogging, although we all know that there is certainly a time for that), not driving, planning, eating donuts on the go, grabbing a shake instead of a meal, etc., then we'd all be happier campers.
So, in the interest of practicing what I preach, I'll be rocking the SPF 70 (no, I'm not kidding) on a weekly basis from here on out.
A noble goal, I say.

Today's whiteboard quote:
"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least." ~Johan Wolfgang von Goethe

3 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

A noble goal indeed..I'm with you girl.

I am so bad about turning "OFF"...I don't even know how to do it anymore. I need to!!!

Anonymous said...

i am actually about to start tanning again. just thought i would let you know. i really try not to "all the time". so that is good, i guess. or that is what i am telling myself to make me feel better:)

love the shadow picture. i will be thinking of your goal as i tan.

Anonymous said...

where the hell is this beach?!

and your theory about escape from technology...HELL YES! i wish i had written a blog about this earlier because i agree 100%.