Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Being Weekend-Responsible. I hope...

Tomorrow's Friday.

Woohoo!


I am deliciously unsure of what I'll do this weekend. At the beginning of each weekend I (if I don't have some crazy travel or similar booking planned) plan on using the two empty days as prototypes of what my life will be like on that glorious day when I work from home... I say I'll get up early, get dressed, and start on whatever work I have to do right away (my best brain hours are between 7am and 1pm. After 4:00 my IQ drops by about 45 points...). I say that, after this early businessey type stuff is done, I'll use the early afternoon hours to either go do something fun, or clean the house, or do artwork that's being perpetually worked on (I have a folder of silhouettes to do from January that I should have mailed off long ago), or travel to wherever and do Reiki treatments, that sort of thing. In this perfect world, by 4 or 5pm I'll be done with my daily tasks and can lay back and relax for the rest of the evening with T.

So, that's the goal for this weekend. Perhaps, since I wrote it here and can therefore be rightfully called out if/when I post on Monday that I did what I normally do over the weekend:

-Wake up, think that I should get up and dressed
- Realize that there's a warm and cuddly T next to me
- Go back to sleep (although it's not so easy. I bounce up at 7 or 8, even if I went to bed at 3am. It's infuriating. To me AND those around me...)
- Wake up at 10ish, lazily get breakfast, lie around, read a book, or watch a movie, or talk with T about silly things, and before I know it, it's 4:00pm. IQ's gone.
- Spend the rest of the night laying around (like I would in the perfect day....) but guiltily and will a constant weight on my head because I know that things aren't done that should be...

This goes on for both days, until roughly 6:00pm on Sunday night when I am caught up in my mad scramble to (half-assedly, mind you) do all of the things that I was supposed to do over the course of the abundant weekend free hours....

This just won't do. How will I EVER work from home effectively that way?

So, this weekend is a start! We'll see how it goes....

In other news, my new bamboo crochet hooks arrived yesterday! They're impossibly light and lovely. No sore fingers here! And bamboo gets smoother and nicer over time because of the natural oils in your skin, so it's smooth sailing ahead. And that also gives me more incentive to use them, so they'll get smoother faster. I'm currently working on a hat for my old office mate, Mason. She's a runner now, up in Indiana or somewhere cold. The hat'll have a glow-in-the-dark flower on it. I'm excited.

Alrighty tighty, I'm off to a (hopefully) productive Thursday which (hopefully) won't derail like every other day has so far this week, which means I'll actually do what I set out to do :) Wish me luck!

What are your goals for this weekend?


2 comments:

Stephay said...

It's supposed to be snowy, yucky here again this weekend....after being 80 yesterday. It's Virginia, what can I say.....
I plan to go out tonight and buy myself some type of heater that takes a nasty petroleum product so I can have heat if the power goes out again....joys of living in an all electric environment....

The Shabby Princess said...

Goals for this weekend: manage to host a baby shower--by myself--no co-host! What did I sign up for? Good thing is, I made (and froze) the cupcakes last night, I am making the chocolate pretzels tonight and the pasta salad and chocolate cups tomorrow. So, hopefully, I won't be running around like a chicken with my head cut off on Saturday!!

I'm not very productive on the weekends--I NEED to be, but, I so loooove being lazy and snuggly. Hopefully once the weather gets nicer, I'll have some motivation to garden!