Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Awesome at Blogging, Horrible at Vlogging

...but I'm working on it!

Last summer, I decided to start vlogging. To vlog is to make video blogs, and I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was fun and I liked it, and intended to keep going, but I got a little sidetracked....and the last vlog I made was last autumn. Before Thanksgiving.

Oops.

The problem was that I started to blog about then! And so my topics got kinda used up in the typing...besides, blogging took about 1/3 the time of vlogging (what with the recording, editing, uploading, tagging, and posting business), not to mention that I felt more connected with people that way.

But the truth is, I've missed it this whole time. And heck, I've had a couple of vlogs floating around in my head now for almost 11 months, still unrecorded! So, I'm'a try to get back on the vlogging horse.

About a month and a half ago, I sat down to record a vlog. I did the whole bit, made sure the camera wasn't at an angle that you could see up my nose or anything, hit 'record,' talked about what I was gonna talk about, etc., then hit "stop", saved it, opened up my video editor....

And there was no sound.

None.

So then there was another problem. And I've looked into it and made calls and searched troubleshooting issues and it appears that my laptop's mic is just dead, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

So there's that.

But, there's also an easy solution! Which is why I'm ordering an external mic today. And why, once it arrives, I'll be making videos again and posting them here every now and then, in leu of text blogs.

So get ready.

The end.

Today's whiteboard quote:
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
~Benjamin Disraeili

ps: I have exciting news. I'm sitting on it right now, getting more and more happy about the whole thing until I'll explode and you'll see the new bits of excitement that exploded me all over the place on my blog. Sounds appetizing, huh? Well that's cause it is. C out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, never heard of vlogging. sounds like a more intimate way to get to know your fellow bloggers, though. fun!

Stephay said...

I went and looked up some of your vlogs, you can find them on youtube. Who knew....

brooke said...

WHAT'S THE NEWS?!?!? BWA!!! i hate/love suspense!