Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bookend #1

Today I'm not going to post more about the cross-country move, like I said I would yesterday, because...I don't feel like it. And I'm kinda tired and me and GIMP are on a temporary break right now (we had words) so I can't make the little cool image of a cartoon T and myself rolling down the highway that will accompany all of the C C-C posts. Don't worry, it'll come and it'll be grade-A-amazingness.

Because my life revolves around awesonomical things such as weekends and vacations (and countdowns of any sort. What can I say, I'm easy to entertain. Better than the opposite, if you ask me), I'll consider today as this....

It isn't:
- a day where I arrived at work 3 hours late because I was feeling so under the weather this morning that I literally could not drag myself around the townhouse and get ready. (very uncharisteristic of me. No bueno...)
- my last day of work before I'll be gone for the week, which means that this place is a madhouse.
- too hot to wear a sweater and too cold to wear only short sleeves (and too high to get over, too low to get under, you're stuck in the middle....oops, sorry, MJ tangent, those happen sometimes), which leaves me in short sleeves, a scarf, and goosebumps everywhere (because I'm not built for cold weather, duh).
- the kickoff of a wannabe vacation-that's-not-a-vacation-at-all-because-of-the-all-day-studying-and-lecturing-parts week.

...and it is:
- the first bookend to this semester's Ph.D. seminar, which are always some form or another of good times
- the day before a fun road trip (yay)
- a Frithursday, which makes everything all better
- the beginning of a week of me not having to be stuck in traffic for a minimum of 2 hours a day (yessss!)
- the beginning of a vacation-that's-not-really-a-vacation-but-close-enough-cause-I-get-to-be-in-a-hotel-and-see-new-places-and-jump-on-the-bed week.

I'll go with it being a good day, no? Yes? Yes.

Today's whiteboard quote:
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."
~Leonard Cohen

4 comments:

brooke said...

oh my goodness!!! WHERE ARE YOU MOVING??! how fun!!

and i know what you mean about the cold vs. hot!! at my office in the a.m. it is FREEZING so i turn my little space heater on but the space is so small that soon i am BLAZING and now my face is melting so i turn it off but then two minutes later i am freezing again!! ggrrr...

oh i am sorry but i too love hotel rooms...i never understand when folks get cranky about them!

Jill Pilgrim said...

Definitely a good day. :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

GREAT DAY!

I heart hotels!! I am so excited for you girl.

yiqin; said...

I know what you mean about the hot & cold :/