Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back To...

This section is devoted to disorders usually first diagnosed in infancy, childhood, or adolescence. This division of the Classification according to age at presentation is for convenience only and is not absolute. Although disorders in this section are usually first evident in childhood and adolescence, some individuals diagnosed....
Does this sound interesting to you?

Yeah, me neither.

It's from the DSM-IV Desk Reference, a thick little gray spiraled book that will put me right to sleep before I even turn a page....and what is my required reading for a fall course. Argh.

So school starts again next week! And I'm excited, if for no other reason than that I get that much closer to being finished (who knew that this 5 year-long PhD program would have encompassed so much time! You know what I mean?), and because of course my brain doesn't quite know what to do with itself when it's not learning something. An entire lifetime of school will do that to you.

So, year 4 is set to begin! On next Friday, to be exact. But from now til then, I'll read up for my courses, and try to stifle my yawns.

Who am I kidding - I never stifle yawns.

Not even last night when I was out at some bar in Santa Monica after an aborted Edison trip, and I was acutely aware yet again that I'm an old person who can't have a cognizant conversation after 9:45pm. Even with coffee and In & Out Burger. Wait, maybe the In & Out is what put me to sleep....Hmm...it's a theory...

Happy Friday eve!

Today's whiteboard quote:
"Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
~Rudyard Kipling

No comments: