Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bamboozled!

Let me introduce you to a couple of friends of mine.

Crystal,

and David.

These two I have known for years and years, and we all used to go out to Market Street together. Once in a while they forced me to watch a terrible reality show (or 24, which wasn't all that appetizing either when they were both glued to the set shushing my every word as I had no clue what was going on and asked questions), so I painted my toenails instead.

Crystal, sorry for letting Babbs smell my used polish-remover cottonballs.
She seemed like she really wanted to. And I didn't know that bulldogs could make faces like that.
It was totally worth it.

Crystal's awesomeness comes from the fact that once, in a 2:30am packed downtown Orlando parking garage, as a reaction to a huge SUV of roided-up guys giving her a hard time about letting them into the car line, Crystal gunned it and introduced their big pompous SUV bumper to her smaller-but-badass Eclipse one. And I quote: "Hope you have insurance, *****!" How can you not love her.
David's awesomeness comes from his crazy poker skills. He put himself through his master's degree by playing online. Yes, it's amazing. And he's going to Vegas soon and I get part of anything he wins over $25K (come on green! sure I know that's not poker, but it's all the same to me). Or so he says. If he comes home with 30 grand in his pocket, I doubt I'll see any of it. Besides I think I owe him the price of a small boat because of all the months I lived with him rent-free after grad school (it's, um, in the mail?...) so it all evens out in the end.

Anyway, now that I live across the country, I have a relationship with this couple that consists of mostly snarky (but good-natured) facebook comments and the occasional text message.

Until yesterday.

Yesterday they took our relationship to a whole new level.

Have you ever heard of a site called www.prankdial.com?

Apparently they have.

And that explains yesterday's post. (as I found out in a phone call from Crystal a few hours after hitting the "Publish" button, in a conversation where I MAY have almost peed my pants from insane laughter...)
Guys, touché.

It may not be today, and it may not be tomorrow, but don't you worry.
I will have my revenge....




Today's whiteboard quote:
"It is not what you say you believe that is important, but what you model, encourage, reward and let happen."
~Patricia Fripp

3 comments:

brooke said...

THAT is friggen AWESOME! i seriously am going to have to do this...i LOVE IT!

Stephay said...

And here I was all prepared to run down to Florida and bust up into Rachel's with guns blazing......oh well.....

Liz said...

LOL that is too funny!!