Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was nice and, as usual, not long enough (never long enough!). On Friday night, T and I put on our "young people" hats and actually went out with some friends in Santa Monica: It was fun and all, but I do remember sitting on my hightop stool, sipping my malibu and pineapple and thinking, yeah, it's loud, and the people who keep brushing by me and nearly knocking me over are annoying, and I can smell cigarette smoke -please God don't let it get into my clothes- ... I think I'd rather be at home.

I know, I'm old.

Saturday, we went down to the beach for a little minus-the-food picnic. We laid out a sheet and read and watched the water and lazed around.
It was so much fun, and I'm hard pressed to think of why we don't do this every weekend...oh yeah, we're lazy. And in the summer there are too many people for it to be fun (note the stockinged-feet-aversion-to-chilly-Pacific-breezes above)

I also made a couple of practice silhouettes, something I picked up from another blogger I love to read, and that I'll be making bigger versions of soon. For some reason I'm having a heck of a time uploading them, so I'll try again later.

Happy Monday!

No comments: