Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pivotal Day Potential and Del Taco Deliciousness

My whiteboard quote of the day is
One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reading that today gave me a new jolt of energy. It's been one of those mornings - running late getting ready to leave the house, then stuck in gridlock traffic, and on and on. Knowing that today can be as pivotal and transformative a day as any other (more obvious one) is freeing.

Last night, instead of going out to the Cajun restaurant, T and I decided (during a phone conversation as I was checking the freeways online for him in my pajamas and bathrobe....it could have been at 7:00pm....) that we were too tired to get gussied up and go out. But, it was Fat Tuesday. So...

Del Taco. So much of it that I couldn't move for a half hour afterwards.

Fast food twice in one week, that's some kind of record for me. Usually there are months between my drive through visits.

Today I have an ortho appointment - new trays coming, sandpaper going between my teeth, oh joy.

But, it's hump day! That means the weekend is close enough to look forward to.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yeah I'm great at the whole eating so much I have to unbutton my pants and sit still for hours too!
I always think, why did I do that to myself!?!