Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thought

Thought is a powerful thing. I'm sure most people now are aware of the "Law of Attraction" and how it works - that what you think about, good or bad, brings some of what happens to you (not all of it. It's fully my belief that some things are just part of the bigger picture/plan and they happen no matter what). The tricky part is that, however this actually works, value judgments don't come into it. For instance, if you have a picture of something in your mind (and/or on your wall, etc.) that you really want and you think about it all the time, it's likely to come to you, because those vibrations of you thinking about it will bring the real thing (all that new scientific stuff about atoms just being waves and that the particles are only here half the time, but that everything's made up of stuff that seems like thought and on and on and on - I'm not a quantum physicist so I can't explain it correctly). Unfortunately, if you have a great big fear and you dread it all the time, always picturing this horrible thing, although it may be accompanied by hopes that it WON'T come true, it's just as likely to happen as the thing that you were wanting to come into being.

SO, with these things in mind, and with pure psychological/spiritual health in mind (my energetic and spiritual training has taught me that -this is probably also a familiar concept- emotions like love and gratitude kind of grease the wheels of life so that good things are more likely to come to you), my goal of the day is to monitor my thoughts.

It's not as easy as you'd think!

To notice the things I'm thinking about, and to alter them to what I'd want to be pulling into my life, and not only that, but to be taking measure of the flavor that I give to these thoughts. Am I dreading a long day at the office? Instead of that, I'll be thankful that I have a pleasant and safe job to go to, and I'll also give thanks that the weekend is looming. On the tail end of that I'll give an extra, focused moment to picturing what my dream Thursday (job, life, commute included) would be like, and send a little push of good feelings to that picture too. And on and on.

So, try it! See what happens. You may be surprised at what you think a lot of the time.

What are the things you're trying to bring into being?

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Sounds a lot like what they talk about in "The Secret". If you haven't read it or seen the video then you should definitely check it out.

The Shabby Princess said...

I'm so bad at this!! I used to be so much better about picturing and focusing on things that I want... What do I want to come into being? My book. I want to actually finish it and have someone want to read it. It's a lofty goal, but, it's the only thing I that I really, realyl desire to have in life--to write (well, clearly to have a happy marriage, family, etc). Maybe I'll set some time aside tonight to write...