Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

This Week

Today shines brighter than normal because....

It's a three-day work week for me!
...because...
I'm going to PA on Wednesday night!

This trip was originally for Tara's wedding. But, now since the wedding's [thankfully] off, it's just for a visit.

I love visiting T's family. I remember the first time I went there and I instantly felt relaxed and at home because of how welcoming and sweet everyone was. And you can believe that I have had all sorts of receptions from significant others' families over the years...it's ranged from "she's a sweet girl, but is this what you really want to be doing?" to "Son, your father's been just staring at his computer screen at work all day and then coming home, lying on the floor and crying every night. We can't stand it. You'll be completely cut off in any way if you continue in this relationship."

Wondering why about now? It's a race thing. That's an issue for another post. But suffice it to say that I was uber nervous upon meeting the fam. But they were lovely. And now I can't wait to see everyone.

So that's the awesomeness that is this week. And, not saying it's a good thing, but it's been pretty chilly in SoCal for the past few days (after our hellishly hot spell a bit ago) so the weather won't even be all that different!

Now, the challenge is to not overpack for a 5-day trip....Ergh I hate having to make decisions on what to bring...

No comments: